"My family & I all use this dentist and they are great. My children are seen by Lynsey the childsmile nurse every 6 months and she is great with them. She shows them how they should be brushing their teeth in a fun & friendly way"
We have large numbers of NHS patients registered with our practice and we are happy to register new NHS patients.
An NHS dental examination in Scotland is free of charge for everyone.
Following a dental examination the dentist will advise you on any treatment you require and the likely cost.
The charges for NHS Dental Treatments are set by the Scottish Government and are available to view online at: www.scottishdental.org/public/treatment-charges
You are eligible for free NHS Dental Treatment if you:
- Are under 18 years old
- Are aged 18 and in full time education
- Are pregnant or are a nursing mother, with a baby less than 12 months old
- Have a certified exemption from payment because of income, for example job seekers allowance, ESA, tax credits, pension guarantee credit
Please bring evidence of any exemption with you to the practice.
The NHS provides a fairly broad range of treatments, however not all treatments are available on the NHS and in particular Cosmetic Treatments is not available.
Examples of popular treatments that are not available on the NHS are:
- White fillings in back teeth
- Tooth coloured crowns on back teeth
- Tooth whitening
- Dental Implants
- Air Polishing
- Tooth Alignment for Adults
We are happy to provide these treatments on a private basis and offer competitive fees, Click Here for more information.