"My family & I all use this dentist and they are great. My children are seen by Lynsey the childsmile nurse every 6 months and she is great with them. She shows them how they should be brushing their teeth in a fun & friendly way"
At your first visit we will:
- Welcome you to our practice
- Check that we have an accurate record of your name, address and contact details
- If you are registering as an NHS patient we will check whether you have to pay NHS charges or whether you are exempt. Many patients on benefits, pregnant women and mums of babies under one are exempt from NHS treatment charges.
- Take an accurate record of your medical details and note any medications you are on. This allows us to ensure that we treat you safely.
- Check whether you have any concerns about your teeth or mouth
- Chart what teeth you have
- Chart all of your existing fillings and restorations.
- Conduct a detailed examination of your teeth and mouth
- Advise you of the condition of your teeth and mouth and of any treatment considered necessary.
- If you require treatment your dentist will discuss the options available and the associated costs.
- Once a treatment plan has been agreed you will be given a printed estimate of the costs
It might be necessary to take x rays at your first visit and your dentist will discuss this with you.